12/13/2009

Finding Nova War

Nova War has, according to my publisher's, been selling really well - this is as far as I know the main reason it keeps showing up on Amazon as 'currently out of stock'. It's not, to my knowledge, so presumably as soon as it arrives it gets mailed out again. I did start to get slightly worried, however, when I noticed one or two tweets by random people saying they were having trouble tracking down copies. I also know that acquaintances and friends would tell me in the past that when they went looking for my new books in physical bookshops, they had trouble finding them (mind you, this was usually specifically in terms of trying to find stuff in Borders, and obviously that's not going to be a problem for much longer). Has anyone reading this blog had trouble tracking copies down?

Edit: Got an email from Tor that it's back in stock in the bookshops, and shows up as in stock on Amazon. For now, anyway.

3 comments:

Martijn said...

I saw a stack of Nova Wars sitting at my local bookstore one week (Netherlands). Then the next week it was gone.
Also on the shelves there weren't any left.
You've created a monsterseller! Better make sure the presses are in overdrive for the third one.

Taylor said...

I recently ordered a copy from The Book Depository website (free shipping worldwide!). Just checked it and Nova War is now out of stock there as well.

Bob said...

Reading this post I though to myself: this is why I always preorder stuff.

Same thing is happening in Australia. When I got my copy in my bookstore, there were plenty around. Now they're gone.