12/18/2009

Ebook of Nova War

And just to reiterate, in case people miss it on the left-hand sidebar there; the ebooks of Stealing Light and Nova War, as sold through www.panmacmillan.com, have no DRM. And that goes for all the ebooks sold by Pan Macmillan through their UK website.

If they're sold through third-party resellers like Waterstones, then they do have DRM, but that's imposed by those resellers, not Pan Mac or Tor. I've been getting occasional queries from people about where to find the ebooks, particularly from people outside the UK who are concerned they won't be able to purchase them due to geographical restrictions. To my knowledge, no one has had trouble buying my or anyone else's ebooks direct from the www.panmacmillan.com site, regardless of where they live.

4 comments:

Thorsten Engler said...

Searching for your books at www.panmacmillan.com does not show any ebooks listed at all (only paperback and hardcover editions).

Following the book specific links you give on the left hand listing just results in error messages like:

error '80020009'

D:\WEBROOT\PANMACMILLAN\WWW.PANMACMILLAN.COM\HTDOCS\TITLES\../includes/displayPage.asp, line 154

Gary Gibson, science fiction writer said...

I've checked it out and it still shows up under 'cached' when you search for the ebook on Google. I suspect it's just a temporary glitch. If you don't mind getting it with DRM, it's for sale at both the Waterstones and WH Smiths ebook sitesk or try panmacmillan.com in another day or two.

Jerome said...

Just FYI, there's still no ebook listed on the site, and the links in the sidebar are still giving an error. Not an issue for me (I'm reading my gf's copy I'm afraid!) but I thought I'd mention it.

Gary Gibson, science fiction writer said...

No worries, Jerome. If it's still playing up in a couple of days I'll drop a line to their webmaster. Or you or Thorsten could send one as well. They do notice these things if they're pointed out. Right now I suspect they're taking it easy post-New Year.

Thing with publisher websites is they're often maintained by people as a kind of sideline to other duties, or at least that used to be the case. Can't say if that's how it is mind you, with Pan Macmillan, seeing as how they're getting deeper into the digital aspect of publishing. But thanks for the heads-up.