5/27/2007

pros and cons

There was a convention on in Renfrew (of all places) this weekend, but I never made it through ... too deadbeat on Friday, and ended up going out on the Saturday with a friend through from Edinburgh in an abortive attempt to see a Seattle band called Modest Mouse, except they were sold out. I did get a text from H/al that he and some others were at a Rocky Horror showing in the West End's cinema, and I thought about going along, but a general air of fatigue post-flu attack drove me back to the south side instead.

To my surprise, I've just about finished the synopsis for Stealing Fire this afternoon. It's still sketchy in the way these things are, but it's got that feeling of more-or-less cohesive that makes me think another week of occasional polishing, and it's just about there.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooh gaz, i could so have seen you doing the timewarp again

Gary Gibson, science fiction writer said...

That is easily one of the gayest things you've ever said.

Pumpkin said...

Okay, see, now I'm REALLY gutted, I've been wanting to see Rocky Horror in Glasgow for ages, and it's got to wait until I'm in this.....place, to appear??!!!!! I SWEAR I'm going to invent some science-fiction type of doohdah so that I can appear in Glasgow at a seconds notice....scary thought huh??
Incidentally, congrats on the whole 3rd book thing, that's fab hun. Hope you're well and that the flu wasn't too evil.
x

Pumpkin said...

P.s Happy belated Birthday!

Gary Gibson, science fiction writer said...

You mean they don't do Rocky over there? Surely not.

Pumpkin said...

Lol....can't you just see the 'Mullets' and fishnets?
It's a sad state of affairs when you can't find a showing of Rocky Horror in a country where EVERY teen's face is a tribute to black eyeliner!!
Pity me yet?

Gary Gibson, science fiction writer said...

I hadn't really noticed when I was in Berlin for a while several years ago, in terms of the sea of Germanic goths, but I've been told by the natives Berlin is entirely unlike the rest of the country - much more loose and laid-back and cosmopolitan. I had a great time when I was there, though.

It's when the kid starts listening to Rammstein I guess you'd have to start worrying, though ...

Pumpkin said...

Don't even go there...that will NEVER happen...I swear to all the holy alcohol I can lay my hands on...over my dead body....etc.etc.
I'd prefer he worshipped under a Black velvet-style painting of Marilyn Manson covered head to toe in cows milk.......maybe that's overkill, but you get my drift!