11/01/2006

cover for Stealing Light
And there it is: the cover for the new book. I actually got this through a while back, but with everything else that's been going on in my life - sciatica, trying to find a new day-job - the opportunity somehow got passed by. It's sort of weird seeing the cover of a book (at least it is, for me) when you've not actually finished it; previously the book itself was always a 'done deal' prior to the artwork.

The cover art is by Lee Gibbons, who also did a lot of covers for Ken MacLeod, amongst many others. It's not as abstract as previous cover designs, given that it does illustrate a specific scene in the story. Overall, I'm pretty pleased.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gary............I would buy the book for the cover alone .........if any indication of what is between the cover you have another hit on your hands. I would expect nothing less. Townsend.

Chris Gilmour said...

That looks great, I'll know what to look for in the shops

Anonymous said...

Yeah that mix of high tech with a soupcon of scorpion is certainly arresting. Definitely worth a few thousand extra copies.

Baz

paul f cockburn said...

That looks sooo good. (Sorry, the "o" key's a bit stiff on this keyboard. Huh, a keyboard that thinks it's an art critic.)

Very nice; does it come in 3D as well?

Gary Gibson, science fiction writer said...

RE: 3D. I was going to suggest Tor instead do a scratch n'sniff version of the cover, but I suspect they might veto that one.

Anonymous said...

Great cover, it couldn't be anything but a "big explosions in a nebula" kind of sf opera