1/21/2004

Talk about relief: I came home from the writers circle this evening to find a message on the answerphone from my agent telling me she's about halfway through Against Gravity and 'loving it'. Believe me when I say I'm the king of imagining worst-case scenarios - it's in my nature. So this is a Good Sign.

For a while now I've been promising myself a present for all the work I've done: I've worked very, very hard, and now I want a toy. An Xbox. What else are credit cards for? Except, of course, the Fates sit on high and say Lo, there shall be a note through all your neighbour's letterboxes and yours, telling you you all have to pay a couple of hundred quid each towards repairing the roof, which appears to be falling in.

Remind me again, about the joys of owning your own home.

No comments: