7/02/2010

Empire of Light and Nova War out today (officially)

I say 'officially' because I sat in the Glasgow Waterstones last week signing a couple dozen copies of the Nova War paperback, but technically the release date of both that and the hardback of Empire of Light, the third Shoal book, is today, July 2nd. Both look like they're doing well on Amazon. Haven't seen any reviews of Empire of Light out in the wild yet, but my eyes are peeled.

There's an excerpt from Empire of Light here. If you want to find an easier way to read it, I'd recommend using either the Safari browser's reader function or, if you're like most people I know and use Firefox, there's a Firefox add-on called 'readability' which provides a very Safari Reader-like function. Both make reading long-form text on the screen a much more pleasant experience.

Edit: the ebook of Empire of Light should be out on the 6th of August, according to Pan Macmillan/Tor UK's own page. I'm guessing it'll appear on Amazon.com and other sites that sell ebooks shortly after. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The release has sure come around quickly! I'll be reading this one as soon as I can get my hands on a copy, whenever that may be :s

Andrew said...

Will the book be published as an ebook? It is not available on the WHSmith or Waterstones websites.

Great news that it is out, but will have to wait a bit longer. . .

Gary Gibson, science fiction writer said...

Andrew - I've updated the page with some information about the ebook.

Andrew said...

Thanks Gary, I'll be sure to buy it.

Andrew.

Unknown said...

So it was that i was on holiday in Scotland and bought your book Stealing Light from Glasgow Waterstone. We stayed week in Islay and before continuing our holiday to Slovakia i just had to visit that same store and buy Nova War. Both signed of course.

Now... How an earth i will get signed copy of Empire of Light to here in Finland? :)