4/06/2010

waving, not drowning

Okay - just a quick note to let you all know that I am in fact still out there somewhere. I'm now back (along with my other half Emma naturally) in the UK, and back in my old flat in Glasgow (I must admit that on occasion when I venture out into the bleak winter streets I wonder if leaving Taipei was the best idea I ever had, but on the other side of the coin it gets so hot and humid over there it can be just as bad). If I have any other regret, it's that things here in the UK now strike me as being exorbitantly expensive. That's not just relativism - they really are far, far too expensive.

Since February, when I wrote my last entry here, I've been either packing to move to Glasgow or unpacking on arrival. My old flat is in a state of disrepair, and I'm working on getting that sorted out. Between renovation, some part-time manuscript assessment for an agency and working on Final Days, I'm currently getting very little time to do anything like blogging - or else I'm too exhausted. Things will resume, but only once I have the energy - any time between now and the beginning of July, basically.

I did however manage to make it along to Eastercon in London at the Radisson, met my editor for the first time and so forth. It was good to catch up with an awful lot of people I've missed seeing over the past few years. Anyway, onwards and upwards with the work; regular blogging, as I say, should resume at about the same time I don't have anything left to fix in this house.

2 comments:

RFYork said...

Thanks for the post. I am glad you're resettled. I don't remember you mentioning your move but, I'm glad it went well.

I was just about to give up on your blog and delete it from my favorites. So, for me, your post is quite timely.

Best of luck back home.

Anonymous said...

Rain or sweat, you still end up soaked. What a world. Glad to hear that you're settling in again.