10/31/2009

I go chop your dollar

While reading Misha Berry's fascinating book 'McMafia' on the globalisation of crime since the early Eighties, I discovered that Nigerian 419 scammers have their very own anthem 'I go chop your dollar' about the joys of conning rich suckers out of untold quantities of cash, most spectacularly Nelson Sakaguchi of a major Brazilian bank to the tune of $245 million dollars. Naturally, I just had to google it.

Don't ask me what he's singing - I can't make out a word - but upon a further google, it becomes clear the lyrics refer to a certain exuberance on the part of some Nigerian con-artists come cheque-cashing day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Nkem Owoh got his ass arrested in Holland on a 419 charge. Such a shame. I know folk who`ve been gouged by these sociopathic fnukkers.