12/13/2007

cranky geeks

If you slide over to crankygeeks.com, a web-based video discussion show about tech and arts, you'll find the current show has some good advice for would-be writers. A quick search on the site reveals an earlier episode featuring Neil Gaiman as a guest, who also has similarly good advice on the life of a writer.

The filming for the short drama I wrote (co-wrote, really, given it turned into a collaboration between myself, a script editor and a director) for a BBC mini-project has had its filming date moved back to late January, which is a shame because I'll be out of the country at the time. But, it is getting filmed, which is the main thing: I have no idea how it's going to come out, since there's a big difference between a written script and a filmed script (as I discovered during a workshop earlier this year run by a TV director). But I should get a copy of the finished film sometime, I think, in February.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just finished reading Stealing Light - fantastic!

So... how is the writing of the next book in the series going? I want to read it now :-)

Rich.

Gary Gibson, science fiction writer said...

Thanks Rich - the sequel's about halfway through on the first-ish draft. Not sure when it's likely to be out ... I'd hazard a guess at late '08.