6/22/2007

communication breakdown part deux

There are still some intermittent problems with my email - but I think it's mostly sorted out now. Mind you, when even your Gmail account starts screwing up, you have to start wondering what the hell is going on. And I know people have been emailing me, and failing to get through: my publishers have a hard enough time getting stuff to me through the post, but when the email goes kaput as well, it can mean serious problems.

The pages for Stealing Light have been proof-read, and mailed back to Pan pronto, only, say, a week late, since it took more than that length of time for me to finally track the posted manuscript down. Somehow there's always a couple of screw-ups that pass me by, the kind of thing Im always really, really, really sure I fixed before I emailed the finished text. But I've probably got most of them this time around. Probably ...

I was surprised to find a short review of Stealing Light is already up (you'll have to scroll down a bit), by Rick Kleffel of Trashotron, in which he praises the book for er, not being part of a series or anything ... I had to email him and break the bad news ...

No comments: