4/04/2007

Now I have to think of more specific ideas for potential sequels. I dug up the rough outline for book two, and it seems pretty solid, if lacking in detail. Now I need to come up with something more ... substantial.

Looking ahead, there's also a possibility of a third book. For the moment the working title for that is probably 'Horizon's End'. Not a bollocking idea what that means, but it sounds not bad, if a touch ... meaningless, and it is only a working title. So there you go.

I was most amused to watch a trailer for 'Grindhouse' online the other day, noting that one of the main female protagonists was called ... Dakota.

3 comments:

paul f cockburn said...

Hmmm. Sounds like a skiffy reworking of E M Forster's Howards End, replacing its Edwardian middle class foibles with the relationships of different species...

OK, maybe not.

Gary Gibson, science fiction writer said...

I'm pretty sure Forster intended to insert exploding planets in the famous 'lost epilogue' of Howard's End. In fact, I'm sure of it.

Jim Steel said...

I was going to mention 'Howard's End' as well, but Paul's already beaten me to it. There's also 'Lost Horizon'.