9/28/2005

I got an okayish review in SFX for Against Gravity, where it got three stars out of five: weirdly enough, that's half a star more than they give Charlie Stross for Accelerando on the opposite page, and he just won a Hugo! An object lesson, as if it were needed, in why reviews should never be taken too seriously.

At one point, the book is described as 'a film pitch in search of a green light', which I found kind of amusing, since making a movie out of it was about as far from my mind as it could get.

By the way, if you want to leave a comment in future, I've had to switch on word verification after getting deluged by comment spam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is your journal about 4 days behind itself? is it in some parallel universe on the net?

incidently, remind me that i've to ask you about setting one of these blogs up. i tried to last night and it wouldn't let me. making one for general book reviews to pass my time in a constructive way.

Anonymous said...

Gary hi,

Wouldnt worry too much about the 3 stars out of 5 in SFX, the review itself has made me order your book from PLAY already.