4/29/2004

I spent yesterday evening in Edinburgh at a reading by two fantasy authors of my acquaintance, Mike Cobley and Miller Lau. It was interesting seeing some of the other faces that turned up there. I went through partly because I wanted to get a handle on the experience, since there's every chance I'll be in that position sometime in the near-ish future. I think I can safely say I found it educational.

One good thing was getting a chance to chat to Andrew Wilson, who writes freelance book reviews for The Scotsman. I've been picking his brains about ideas for getting some decent press, including writing some kind of press release closer to the time, or persuading local radio stations to interview me. Radio Scotland has an early evening arts slot where they frequently talk to authors about their new books. I have no real idea how to go about these things, but I know people who know something about it, which helps.

I also got an email from my agent with the name of the person who's handling publicity for Angel Stations at Pan Macmillan/Tor UK - I can give them a ring and find out what's expected - or not expected - from me in the coming months.

No comments: